I have been a COTA/L, (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Licensed) since 1999. I am licensed by the State of Connecticut and certified by NBCOT, the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy.
I provide services on a part time schedule here at Scotland Elementary and Hampton Elementary Schools.
Occupational Therapy encompasses many areas for improving student skill levels.
- Fine motor skills are the main focus and include pincer grasp, finger dexterity, motor sequencing, scissor activities, hand strengthening, handwriting, touch typing abilities.
- Visual motor skills-Eye tracking for improved reading, writing, focus, and spatial awareness
- Eye-hand coordination-Ball skills, handwriting, scissor tasks, typing
- Sensory integration-Self-regulation, awareness of self
- Ergonomics-Postural control, energy conservation
- Self esteem