Scotland Board of Education
October 17, 2017, 6 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Review Comments from BOE members regarding Superintendent’s policy edits for presentation to the Board of Education at the November , 2017 BOE meeting
- Review comments from BOE members regarding policy 5114, Suspension and Expulsion/Due Process for presentation to the Board of Education as a second read at the November, 2017 BOE meeting.
- Discuss discrepancies in policies 1313 (Gifts to School Personnel), 3313 (Business/Non-Instructional Operations), and 4118.13/4218.13 (Personnel – Certified/Non-Certified)
- Discuss future agenda items.
- Set next meeting date
Scotland Elementary School Board of Education
Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 7:00PM
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Fill BOE Vacancy (Action Anticipated)
- Celebrations/ Recognition
- Written Communications
- Communication with the Audience
- Additions to Agenda- Additional business may be considered at a regular meeting upon a 2/3 vote of those members of the board present and voting, per state statute.
- Approval of Minutes
- Finance Coordinator Report
- Financial Report
B. Approval of Financial Statement
- Superintendent Report
A. Review and discuss 2017-2018 budget
B. Curriculum process update/ Science Materials
C. Annual School Improvement Plan
D. Technology updates
E. Solar Panel Program
F. Superintendent summer policy edits
- Principal Report
B. Teacher Evaluation (TEVAL) update
- Friends of SES Report
- New Business
A. Suspension/Expulsion Due Process (Policy 5114, first read)
B. Review existing advisory committees, membership, and committee goals for the year (Policy 1220)
- Old Business
A. Authorization for Superintendent to investigate tuition costs and other consideration for Scotland Students at area high schools (Action Anticipated)
- Committee Reports:
A. Tri-town BOE & Study Committees meetings updates
C. Readiness Council Report
- Policies Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Technology Committee
- Second Audience for Citizens
- Next Step Homework Assignments
- Next Meeting Agenda Items
Persons requiring interpreters or related services call 860-423-0064 at least three (3) business days before the meeting.
Members of the public may address an issue on the agenda. The board may, at its discretion, limit the amount of time you will be allowed to speak. If you wish to speak on an item not listed on the agenda, you may do so at the end of the meeting during the Second Audience for Citizens.
Scotland Elementary School is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action for all qualified persons and does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws. Each student is encouraged to develop and achieve individual educational goals. SES will provide every student with equal educational opportunities. No student will be excluded on such basis from participating in or having access to any course offerings, student athletics, counseling services, employment assistance, extracurricular activities or other school resources. Inquiries regarding Scotland School’s nondiscrimination policies should be directed to the Building Title IX coordinator, Jennifer Ridolfo, Scotland Elementary School, PO Box 97, Scotland, CT 06264, (860) 423-0064, the District Coordinator, Dr. Baran, or the Office for Civil Rights.